In September 2016, it became public that Noor Tagouri is going to be the first muslim woman appearing in the famous Playboy magazine. The 22 year old student is going to wear black pants, white Sneakers from Converse, a white shirt along with a leather jacket and her hijab.
Ten Facts About the First Hijab Model in Playboy: Noor Tagouri
- Noor Tagouri was born on November, 23 1993 in West Virginia, USA. Her family immigrated from Libya and Noor is the first generation, who was born and raised in America.
- She is fluent in English and also speaks Arabic.
- The pretty muslim woman graduated with a bachelor degree in Broadcast Journalism from the University of Maryland in 2014. She knew, that she wanted to become a journalist since childhood, because she always liked to listen to stories and asked a lot of questions.
- Noor Tagouri started wearing hijab at the age of 15. Only one year, before she started attending college.
- Oprah Winfrey is one of her biggest inspirations.
- Loves Afghan food and likes to eat baby carrots.
- Loves reading and spending time with her family.
- Interned at CBS radio and also worked as a reporter for CTV News. Currently, the hijabi model and journalist is working as a producer for the video news network Newsly.
- Took part at Oprah Winfrey's Network Who Am I, where she explained that she always wanted to be a (tv) journalist and also the first one, who is wearing a hijab.
- Has a youtube channel on which she is regularly posting critical and private videos from all over the world as well as some short videos from her work as a tv presenter.