Sinead O'Connor FactsSinead O'Connor is an Irish musician who became famous with her coverversion of Prince' "Nothing Compares 2 U" (1990). Especially the emotional video, where the beautiful singer appears with a completely shaved head, touched everybodys heart. The artist made a lot of headlines in the last couple of years through her suidical intentions expressed on Facebook. Thats why so many people were concerned about the fact that...
Sinead O'Connor was Missing.
Sinead O'Connor didn't return from a ride with her bicycle on Sunday (May 15 2016). Shortly before her disappearance left O'Connor a message on her Facebook account: "Jake, kindly go to the court on Tuesday and take custody your brother from Tusla. My lawyer will be making the illegal way yourself and Donal got him into Tusla (lying to the cops etc) known to the judge. expect to be in trouble. In fact you'd best bring a lawyer of your own. And do not abandon your brother or any other of my babies again. What you have done to your brother and your mother is LITERALLY criminal." Jake is her oldest son. O'Connors second youngest child is the twelve year old Shane, who is currently living under the supervision of the Youth Welfare Office in Ireland. People and media were wondering where the now 49 year singer might be or if she is even still alive. But all the worries were in vain. Sinead O'Connor posted on May 17 (two days after she was "lost") an open letter to John Reynolds, telling him that everybody abandonded her for being suicidal and that she is giving a f*** how she has had to feel since everybody f***** off her and her son.
Sinead O'Connor is everything but adapted, but people especially love her for her honesty and obstreperousness. Here are...
15 Facts About the "Nothing Compares 2 U" singer
- Sinead O'Connor was born on 8 December 1966 in Ireland, Glenageary. She was the third oldest of five children. Her father was an engineer and her mother a tailor. According to Sinead O'Connor, her parents fought a lot and extremely mistreated her as a child. The death of her mother (when Sinead was only age 17) made her very religious.
- According to her own disclosures, Christian glergyman abused her as a child.
- Shaved off her hair because she was bored of her look.
- Was one of the most beautiful people in 1991 (according to People Magazine).
- Sinead O'Connor has four children between the ages 9 (Yeshua Bonadio) and 28 (Jake Reynolds).
- Was four times married. One of her marriages only lasted 8 months. Her last one with therapist and drug adviser Barry Herridge only 16 days - at least until the split! The reason: she alleged tried to buy marihuana only one day after their got married. The two reunited a few months later.
- She once stated: "Without sex, I'm getting depressive".
- Sinead O'Connor once said in an interview with the German magazine focus, that smoking Marihuana brings her down.
- Sinead O'Connor's net worth lies around 6 million USD.
- Was openly searching for a sex-partner through her website in 2011.
- Sinead puplicly destroyed a picture of pope John Paul II in 1992 to draw attention for child abuse in the catholic church. During her act was she singing the song "War" by Bob Marley.
- Sinead O'Connor's "Nothing Compares To You" is the number one song, which makes both - women and men - cry (according to a study from Great Britain). Who wrote Nothing Compares to You? No one else than the Musician Prince (who died in April 2016).
- Critised Miley Cyrus in an open letter for her exaspiring clothes: The music business doesn't give a shit about you, or any of us. They will prostitute you for all you are worth, and cleverly make you think its what YOU wanted … and when you end up in rehab as a result of being prostituted, 'they' will be sunning themselves on their yachts in Antigua, which they bought by selling your body and you will find yourself very alone (The Guardian)
- Sinead O'Connor has black hair. She is wearing a wig on her "I'm not bossy, I'm the boss" album cover.
- Got diagnosed with a bipolar disorder at age 37. In the end it turned out, that it was a false diagnosis.