Who is Astrid Berges-Frisbey?
Àstrid Bergès-Frisbey is not (yet very) famous, but real fans of Johnny Depp should know her. Why? Because she was the Pirates of the Caribbean mermaid from part 4 (On Stranger Tides, 2011), also called Syrena mermaid. Not only her innocent appearance, but also her "average" English skills during press interviews for the movie got a lot of attention. However in the last 4 years, people haven't heard a lot about the beautiful actress and model with Spanish-French background. But there is a bright spot, because in 2017 is she going to stay in her second big Hollywood movie: Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur from dicrector Guy Ritchie. Astrid is going to play Guinevere, the wife of the big folk character, performed by Charlie Hunman.
We think, that Astrid has a real BillionDollarFace and even though she is actually Spanish, she looks like a real Parisian woman. Here are some interesting facts about her:
Astrid Bergès-Frisbey Quick Facts
- Astrid Bergès-Frisbey is half Spanish, quarter French and quarter American.
- She was born on May 1986 in Barcelona, but her family moved to France when she was only 5 years old.
- She is the eldest of four siblings.
- Moved out from home at age 17.
- Her French-American mother is a Chanel salesperson in Paris.
- Astrid Berges-Frisbey is fluent in four different languages: Spanish, Catalan, French and English.
- She had to learn English for the movie Pirates of the Caribbean - Strangers Tides (2011).
- Astrid Berges-Frisbey appeared in movies in which she had to speak French, Spanish, English and Italian.
- Astrid had her film debut at age 22 in the french movie Sea Wall (2008).
- Sea Wall was not only her cinema movie debut, but also her first film in which she appeared top less.
- Astrid Berges-Frisbeys height is 5' 7¼".
I am not religious at all, but I believe in spirits (The Verge List, Sundance 2014)
- She worked as a model for Valentino, French Connection, Rag and Bone and Guerlain.
- French actor Pierre Perrier was Astrid Berges-Frisbey's boyfriend
- The Spanish-American beauty loves riding horses.
- One of her favourite subjects in school was biology.
- Besides acting is Frisbey really interested to become an osteopath.
- She loves new wave movies.
Astrid Berges-Frisbey: Eyes
Astrid Berges-Frisbey's eyes actually brought her the role of Sofi in "I Origins" (2014) and they are probably also the reason, why she catched the viewer as the innocent mermaid Syrena in Pirates of the Caribbean. Her Eye Color is a blue-greyish brown mix (read more about sectoral heterochromia here). But its not only the colour of her eyes, but also their shape, which may fascinate people. While her face has very defined cheekbones and lower jaws, is she also having very full, female lips and a snub nose. So its also no wonder, that she got the role of Guinevere: Keira Knightley (who could be her British sister) played the same part in King Arthur 2004.
Astrid Berges Frisbey Movies II: I Origins
Its said that Astrid was about to leave for a long journey before reading the script of I Origins. She was thinking that she would not like it and could therefore peacefully enjoy her trip. But it turned out very differently. "I thought it was brilliant [...]" (V Magazine, 2014) A few days later she auditioned for this movie via skype from Paris and got the role. Her only second film in english. One of the reasons she got the part of Sofi: her eyes exactly matched to what director and writer Mike Cahill imagined.
"I was totally moved by her [...] She was supersmart, charismatic, funny and thoughtful - it just felt like the was made for this part" writer and director Mike Cahill.
The story spins around the molecular biologist Ian Gray (Michael Pitt), who is researching about the evolution of the eye. One day he meets Sofi (Astrid Berges-Frisbey) and falls in love with her and especially her wonderful eyes. They plan to get married, but as fast as she came into Ians life, she also leaves him: Sofi dies tragically in a lift. Ian, who lost the love of his life is full of sadness, but keeps on working. Seven years later, he is married to his laboratory assistant, who finds out that a girls eyes in India totally matches them from Sofi. He travels to India to find out if Salumina is a reincarnation of Sofi.
Astrid Berges-Frisbey Movies I: King Arthur
King Arthur is an adventure film about the famous King Arthur legend, who is said to have played a big role in defending Britannia against the Angles, Saxonys and Jutes. There have already been several film versions about his life, but the interpretation (Knights of the Roundtable) from Director Guy Ritchie is probably the one with the most diversified cast.
The Knights of the Roundtable King Arthur cast includes:
- Charlie Hunman as King Arthur.
- Jude Law as Vortigern.
- Eric Bana as Uther Pendragon.
- Djimon Hounsou as Sir Bedivere.
- David Beckham as the Blackleg leader.
- Poppy Delevigne as Elsa.
and Astrid Berges Frisbey as Guinevere. We are really curious, how the beautiful fragile actress will appear as the strong woman next to the big folk character Arthur. But we are sure that this time, she cannot hide herself in becoming really famous.
Astrid Bergès-Frisbey Movies III: Overview
- Knights of the Roundable: King Arthur (2017)
- Alaska (2015)
- The Driver (2015) - Short Movie
- Up to me (2015) - Short Movie
- Home is Where Your Heart Aches (2014) - Short Movie
- I Origins (2014)
- Juliette (2013)
- The Sex of Angels (2012)
- Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides (2011)
- La fille du puisatier (2011)
- Bruc - La Illegenda (2010)
- La reine morte (2009) - tv movie
- Extase (2009)
- La première étoile (2009)
- Un barrage contre le Pacifique (2008)
- Divine Émilie (2007)